Why I decided to start a podcast!!

 I decided to start a podcast autismfamilystory podcast even though there are lots of podcasts already out there. There were a few reasons for it.

Every family's journey in the world of autism is different and unique as they say if you have met one person with autism you have met one person with autism.

I know firsthand parenting a child with autism or any other special needs is overwhelming and isolating as people do not understand our struggles. I have been on this journey for over a decade and have learnt so much over the years.

I wanted to share our story with other parents who are starting this journey as I was there once upon a time in their shoes. I want to help other parents to know they are not alone. A community of special needs parents out there are willing to share and help parents in this journey.

I want to let parents know some people get it and understand it as they have dealt with the same things in the past. The most things for parents are to accept their child's diagnosis to put the right supports in place and get the help their child needs.

Trust me you are your child's best and only advocate who has their best interest at heart. I want to help other parents become Captain of their own ship as you are an expert on your child.

I also want to assure you things will get better along the way as our kids achieve milestones in their own time. We need to believe in them. They are capable of learning with the right supports.

Our son is a great example of this as we were given a grim prognosis when he got diagnosed with autism at 3 years of age. Today he is a teenager and has come a long way in this journey.

My podcast is available on all podcast platforms. I hope you listen, share and follow my podcast which will help me reach more special needs parents which is my goal to help them with information and strategies I learnt over the years in raising our son on the spectrum.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picky Eating in children with Autism.

How we started our journey on the spectrum.

Why i decided to start a blog

How to help kids with autism to work independently.